Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So tax cuts it is...

…£21 billion pounds worth of them.


That is what the Conservative Tax Commission will report tomorrow. This is hardly surprising as it has been known for some time that the commission was going to recommend tax cuts.


There are a number of tax reforms proposed covering a variety of taxes. I’m not going to dictate them, you can read them here.


However I’m most disappointed that there appears to be no explanation as to how the tax cuts will be funded. ConservativeHome’s ToryDiary is saying they will “apparently to be funded by growth.” I’m very sceptical that this will balance the books.


So for me, as nice as any reduction in taxation is, I wouldn’t support the Conservative’s proposals until details of funding are put forward.

No comments: