Sunday, October 15, 2006

Good old Somerton and Frome

Annunziata Rees-Mogg, the sister of Jacob, (who I have previously commented on) has been elected to fight the Somerton and Frome seat at the next election.


Somerton and Frome is currently held by Liberal Democrat MP David Heath who has a tiny majority of just 812. It is also the seat I happen to be registered to vote in, so is of particular interest to me, not just because it is a marginal.


Therefore Somerton and Frome is sure to be a Tory target at the next election. Interesting then that the “A-list” has once again been ignored and the constituency has chosen its own candidate.


Now I don’t know anything about Annunziata besides her being related to Jacob. I just hope for her sake that she is nothing like her brother. Otherwise I may just have the chance to vote for a “potted plant”

No comments: